First American Home Buyers Protection offers a wide range of affordable home warranty products and services to home sellers and agents. A member of the First American Family of Companies (NYSE: FAF), First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit homewarranty.firstam.com.
- Resolve escalated claim issues for customers, sales reps, agents and upper management
- Responsible for generating and analyzing daily Virtual Observer, Business Objects and Avaya reporting to manage quality and department productivity
- Monitor calls and provide feedback to the representatives based on established quality standards
- Facilitate monthly team meetings
- Supervises the day to day operational activities of a functional area within a department.
- Develop employees’ skills by providing a clear understanding of performance expectations through coaching, monitoring, and accountability of staff. Writes and conducts employee performance reviews with consultation with Manager.
- Ensure appropriate wage and work hours laws are followed
- Provides hiring recommendation to management
Supervision Received or Extended
- Works on problems of limited scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Follows department processes and procedures and may recommend changes to them.
- Supervises daily work activities of a functional area
- Provides direct supervision to typically non-exempt employees
- Works under general supervision applying well established techniques, procedures or specific standards
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action
- Identify and recommend improvement to processes and efficiencies
- Implement department policies and procedures
- Work is reviewed in terms of meeting department, product or project objectives and schedules
- Successful track record of executing day to day operational responsibilities, along with participating in, developing and completing projects in area of expertise
- Strong analytical, organizational, administrative, time management, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multitask in order to meet critical deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of call center management and/or residential appliance and systems trade
- Advanced knowledge of Home Warranty policies and procedures in order to implement and enforce processes to ensure compliance and quality
- Superior listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy is critical
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships at the departmental level
- Ability to communicate the function’s vision and the department’s direction, and set aligned goals for team
- Successfully communicates ideas and recommendations to all levels within the department using tact, common courtesy, persuasion, and discretion to achieve objectives
- Demonstrated successful track record of participation in completion of projects, both short term and longer term.
- Emerging leader skills
- Demonstrated success of establishing, and maintaining effective working relationships at the work group level
- Fluent bilingual Spanish a plus
Typical Range of Experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of education and equivalent
License or CertificationDisclaimer
- 5+ years experience in a call center environment
- 1-2 years demonstrated experience in a lead or supervisory role
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Phoenix, AZ