Technology Specialist: LIS
The Clinical Technology Specialist is an IT professional responsible for applying knowledge and expertise to assist Product & Software teams in the development, maintenance, and testing of clinical technology and laboratory information systems (LIS) including databases, interfaces, and operational aspects of the laboratory.
• Apply clinical knowledge & expertise to assist Product Managers in requirements gathering, definition, design, development, configuration, & implementation of SW solutions.
• Works with non-lab departments regarding lab processes in order to develop solutions for efficiency in work practices. Proactively working to gather & solidify requirements, all while advocating regulatory compliance, streamlined workflows, optimization of current practices & elimination of manual processes with a focus on enhancing speed, quality, efficiency, and/or productivity.
• Perform clinical walkthroughs, completing thorough assessments of infrastructure & clinical workflows to produce a comprehensive analysis which will help serve as a foundational component of resource planning.
• Assists with identification, reporting, analysis & resolution of information system problems.
• Clarify external & internal customer requirements & communicate to department stakeholders and product SW teams in an actionable manner.
• Assist in prioritization of development efforts & targeted delivery dates to meet customer needs/volume forecasts.
• Participate in the education of staff on the functionality & utilization of the lab information system. Refine training plans, implement additional training tools and provide initial training (docs) for internal staff.
• Partner with the Clinical Quality Manager in order to maintain CLIA, CAP, & other appropriate accreditations or certifications needed for the laboratory through proper requirements, documentation, & implementation of SW solutions.
• Enforce company policies/safety regulations. Review & recommend improvements to clinical management.
• Contribute to a safe/secure environment for patients, visitors, physicians & co-workers by following established standards/procedures; complying with legal regulations; keeping laboratory information confidential.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays, or on call coverage.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences, IT, Medical Tech, or similar.
• 5+ years of experience working in a clinical lab.
• Experience in development, maintenance, and testing of clinical technology and laboratory information systems (LIS) including databases, interfaces, and operational aspects of the laboratory.
• Strong knowledge base in lab information systems. EMR integration, and/or QA activities in a diagnostic lab setting is a plus.
• Experience working with SW dev teams to deliver features/functions using agile methodology.
• Strong analytical & project management skills, proven ability to design clear processes, & detailed yet flexible approach to problem solving.
• Solid computer skills & good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Visit https://www.yoh.com/applicants-with-disabilities to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.
Location/Region: Pacifica, CA