The North American Lending division within FIS is seeking a Business Systems Analyst I to play a key role in the implementation of the industry leading Origenate Loan Origenation platform to leading financial institutions.
The Business Analyst
team member is responsible for translating client user needs into detailed requirements by eliciting clear, concise, non-conflicting requirements from the Subject Matter Experts who may or may not understand how technology can be used to transform the business processes in a positive way. The BA will report to the Origenate Upgrade Practice Manager.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Accountable for updating, authoring (if necessary) and completion of project requirement documentation (Config Survey/Workbook, Solution Design Document, Document Mapping Document, Interface Mapping Document, Product Development Requirements, Scheduled Processes, GAP Analysis, Workflow/Process/Data Flow diagrams)
- Solutioning and tracing client business requirements to functional requirements
- Providing accurate estimates for BA effort on work assignments
- Creating tickets in to engage engineering and product development as required by the project
- Origenate configuration, unit testing and migration of configuration.
- Prepare User Stories, Use Cases and the Requirements Traceability Matrix based on Business Requirements
- Review QA Test Scripts and Test Cases to ensure adequate coverage and understanding of the solution requirements by the QA team
- Issues management and reporting during the project design/development phase
- Leading the team in issue triage during QA, UAT and post production support through TTP, this includes reviewing log files to determine the root cause
- Resolving Origenate configuration related defects
- Writing release and port instructions as well as any client release notes if required (If a patch or build is required the TA will write the instructions)
- Maintaining documentation (For example, the Configuration Survey should be updated with a change log and published back to the client when changes are implemented)
- Maintaining and updating documentation on the EPMO project SharePoint site as required
- Reporting the status of assigned tasks in the form of a completion percentage to the Project Manager
- Reporting project issues, roadblocks, and risks to the Project Manager and Delivery Manager
- Accurately reporting hours worked to the correct allocation code in the weekly timesheet
- Work with the Training Coordinator to understand client requirements in preparation for client training
- Working with other business units - FLO, D2C, OA, Development, Engineering to ensure cohesiveness of functional solution design
Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Master's degree desirable. General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of FIS' products and services
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
Entry level role. Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Has general understanding of principles in business modeling and requirements definition, the Origenate system, and the Origenate systems development life cycle model.
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Columbia, MD