Interested in working for Fortune 500, publicly traded company? FIS is seeking a Corporate Governance Manager to join our legal team in our corporate headquarters in Jacksonville, FL. Job Summary:
Provide support for a variety of corporate governance and secretarial compliance activities that do not require a law degree including legal or factual research and document preparation and analysis. General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with corporate governance team in providing a full range of corporate governance and corporate secretarial services to FIS for both U.S. and International entities.
- Drafts entity resolutions, minutes and other corporate governance documents as required.
- Drafts intercompany documents to facilitate the movement of funds.
- Assists with coordinating and reviewing required corporate governance documents by external resources.
- Prepares and assists with statutory filings.
- Maintains of entity records and updates to entity database records.
- Provides assistance and support to internal legal team as required.
- Interfaces with and provides assistance and support to other departments including Treasury, Tax and Finance as required and as related to corporate governance matters.
- Provides corporate governance assistance on corporate reorganizations, mergers, acquisitions and other major projects as required.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience (paralegal and/or ICSA certification preferred). General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of document preparation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and legal software applications
- Knowledge of legal and/or regulatory research techniques and tools
- Understanding of technical legal terminology
- Ability to write legal/regulatory documents, summaries and other correspondence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature
- Effective time management skills
Intermediate level role with high level of proficiency. Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or making recommendations. Normally receives little instruction on daily work, requiring general instructions only for newly introduced assignments. Exercises independent judgement and discretion in responding to varied requests from the field on all but complicated matters. Works with minimal supervision on most matters. Consults with senior peers on complex projects to learn through experience. Typically requires four or more years of work experience in a legal or regulatory environment requiring research and preparation of documentation, reports and summaries, and with specific knowledge relating to international entity governance and management matters.
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Jacksonville, FL