A TOWN WHERE EVERY DETAIL, FROM VISION TO EXECUTION, MAKES LUXURY SEEM SIMPLE.
From the moment one views the iconic butteries and towering palms lining the center of our beach town, there is an unrivaled sense of escape. Alys Beach is carefully crafted to celebrate the public realm of streets, parks, pedestrian paths, and great civic buildings in a manner reminiscent of the world’s most beloved seaside towns. In recognition of the strong draw of the sea, our streets orient to the beach, guaranteeing views to the Gulf and cooling sea breezes.
Alys Beach is a groundbreaking community located along the Gulf of Mexico on Florida’s panhandle coast, six miles east of Seaside on Scenic Highway 30A. Planned by Duany Plater-Zyberk & Company, Alys Beach is a Traditional Neighborhood Development (TND) whose architectural vision has its roots in the style of Bermuda architecture and in the courtyards of Antigua, Guatemala, the colonial capital of Central America.
Alys Beach is in the early stages of town building. Our purpose is to evolve along with your family, maintaining the timeless traditions of sustainability and the highest standards of design and construction. Come join us in creating a special place to live, visit, relax, and play.
Position Summary: The Assistant Manager must be able to wear many hats and wear them well. The position requires a high amount of self-motivation and dedication to a job well done, all while being a Captain of NEAT as well as Alys Beach at all times. The Assistant Manager must be accessible and visible to homeowners, guests, and staff at all times during the day and maintain a vigilant watch on the kitchen and warehouse. While NEAT will be a main focus, it is not the full scope of responsibility for this position. The Assistant Manager will also have responsibilities in other food and beverage outlets within Alys Beach as well as overseeing marketing posts for NEAT.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising the outlet and ensuring it is crisp and ready to greet guests.
- Making sure staff is well prepared and informed of daily activities and duties.
- Supervising FOH and BOH staff and anticipating needs as well as being pro-active to get our ladies and gentleman prepared for the shift and keeping them engaged throughout the day. Staying vigilant in making sure we are operating in the best interests of our guests and business.
- Creating and supervising daily tasks with efficiency and cleanliness in mind.
- Serving as a role model and setting a positive example for the entire team in all aspects of business and personnel management.
- Maintaining a strong leadership mentality focused on a team environment.
- Utilizing labor and other assets in an effort to maximize quality, service, and cleanliness while being conscious of budgets and fiscal responsibility to our business.
- Continually improving the skills, knowledge, and morale of all employees. Treating the employees with dignity and respect and creating an environment where the entire team does the same.
- Paying close attention to our operation to ensure that we are operating a safe environment for our guests and staff.
- Playing a strong support role in making sure our daily operations are being tended to during service. Examples would be menus, Micros, inventory, etc.
- Consistently bringing ideas to the table about positive ways to improve service from first hand daily experience and interactions.
- Communicating effectively and respectfully with guests, staff, superiors, and vendors.
- Making solid decisions in a time pressured environment.
- Being responsible in handling challenging situations.
- Resolving customer and staff issues.
- Monitoring and evaluating employee performance while being a learning tool for associates to consistently rely on to gain perspective and direction.
- Ability to work flexible hours, work efficiently, and multitask, all while being focused on the standards of Alys Beach as well as the standards of our food and beverage program.
- Three years of experience in an upscale bar management position
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and MICROS POS
- A working knowledge of Florida Health and Safety regulations
- Prior experience in a retail setting
- Degree in a Hospitality Program
- TIPS Certified
- Experience with Yellow Dog or other inventory programs
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Panama City Job Segment:
Assistant Manager, Warehouse, Marketing Manager, Manager, HVAC, Management, Manufacturing, Marketing, Operations Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Panama City Beach, FL (US)