Do you have a strong work ethic and the desire to join an organization that invests in its people through cross-training and development? ClarkDietrich fosters a work-life balance and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Join the ClarkDietrich team by applying to the Machinist position at our Vienna, OH location.
The Machinist role overall is to use machine tolls to make or modify parts. In addition to tool and die assembly and setup, they must be able to utilize end mills, surface grinder, drill mill tool grinder, cutting saw, power drills, cutting torch, welders, CNC machines, lathe machine and hand tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be able to duplicate machine parts and to calculate unspecified dimensions.
- Must be able to read blue prints, schematics, part drawings and reference tables to fabricate parts or assemblies required for specific projects.
- Ensure manufacturing of all parts and assemblies to specifications and tolerance.
- Ability to troubleshoot, tear down, repair, and reassemble tooling dies and assemblies in addition to setting up dies for production.
- Setup, adjustment, and training of production workers on tool and die assemblies used in production.
- Calculation of correct machining setups including speeds and feeds on machinery and equipment.
- Responsible to ensure that all machines are safely operated and in good condition to be used by the operator.
- Repair and maintenance of machine shop equipment.
- Must be able to operate Lathe machine, End Mill Machine, Drill Press, Surface Grinders, cylindrical grinders, Grinders, Sanders, Hand Tools, CNC Machines, Cutting Torch, Welding Machines and Brake Presses.
- Able to work with people, strong work ethic, must be capable of multi-tasking in a fast paced environment, strong communication skills, must be able to read and write and be able to stay focused.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years of experience in an environment with high tech machines. Prior manufacturing experience preferred. High school/GED or Trade school in machines.
- Basic mathematical skills, addition, subtraction, multiplication and converting fractions into decimals. Must be able to use and read a tape measure, caliper, and micrometer, dial bore gauge, and various other precision measurement equipment.
- Lifting-Up to 50 pounds
- Standing-8 or more hours per day
- Walking-Off and on, 4-6 hours per day
- Body Positions-Sitting, Standing, Walking
- Grasping-Both hands, up to 8 hours per day
- Pushing Effort-Occasionally
- Pulling-Tools and finished product
- Climb up and down stairs- Occasionally
- Kneeling- Occasionally
- Stooping- Occasionally
- Manufacturing facility - exposed to heat and cold
- Personal Protective Equipment required at all times
- Controlled Noise exposure
- Activity level is high - continuous movement
Location/Region: Vienna, OH