Position Responsibilities\Requirements: Systems Administration Specialist San Francisco or Petaluma
We connect consumers to their money - through leading-edge mobile banking, payments and commerce solutions. We're the mobile development engine of FIS - the largest, Fortune 500, global FinTech company - powering over 1,400 banking apps and 30 million mobile users. Our solution is branded by our customers - banks and retailers - so you might not have heard of us. But, if you've used a banking app, you're most likely using FIS Mobile software.
Join us in setting the standard in mobile financial services!
The FIS Mobile Business Intelligence (BI) team works at the intersection of mobility, data & analytics and the cloud with the mandate to build world-class business intelligence solutions for the world's leading financial institutions. At FIS Mobile, we believe it takes more than delivering a product in a box; it requires a passionate and dedicated workforce to develop influential and game-changing products and services.
This position will help build the cloud infrastructure for our next generation of Data and Analytics products for Mobile and Digital Banking applications providing insights into users and their banking behavior and experience. This is an opportunity to forge new concepts and techniques inside a new product that will combine data from multiple sources to provide new opportunities for data science. Mobile Applications are a new paradigm and their data may take new forms such as real-time or traditional historical reporting. Part of this paradigm will be to forge into the next generation where we simply don't look at the past but try to anticipate the future with accuracy.
We are looking for an Advanced System Administrator with a broad understanding of Cloud technologies, primarily AWS. You'll be a key contributor as we build out our cloud infrastructure, drive new technologies, designs solutions, and resolve complex issues. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for working with Amazon AWS technology services such as S3, DynamoDB, Databricks, RedShift Database, AWS IAM, LDAP/AD technologies, Lambda, etc.
- Maintain deployment technologies such as Run Deck and Terraform and Bash/Python scripts.
- System administration of Linux servers.
- Manage Cloud monitoring tools.
- Build and drive new technologies through to production environments.
- Promote and maintain a secure cloud environment.
- Resolve complex issues.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new cloud services that optimize our environment.
- Translate architected technical solutions to varying audiences, from the highly technical to management and teach others as need.
What we can offer you
- A BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience with Linux system administration.
- The candidate should have a strong understanding of networking and AWS networking concepts like VPC, Zones, VPC peering.
- The candidate also must have a fundamental understanding of noSQL and SQL based database like MSYQL, Oracle, RedShift and DynamoDB. Additionally, the understanding of backup and recovery strategies for described databases.
- Have excellent communication skills, establishing trust with cross functional groups like QA, Operations, and product development teams.
- Ability to translate architected technical solutions to varying audiences, from the highly technical to management and teach others as need.
- Industry competitive salary
- Excellent work-life balance
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future
- Share in FIS' financial success with our ESPP
- Mentoring by smart, passionate managers - we promote career development and growth
- Free Thursday lunches and an endless snack and drink supply
- Great locations (SF, Larkspur and Petaluma) proximity to public transportation
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: San Francisco, CA