Director of Special Services/CST
- New Jersey School Administrator or Principal Certificate
- Regular or special education teaching experience
- Master's Degree; Doctorate Degree preferred.
- Successful experience in special education administration or supervision preferred.
- Shall possess knowledge of budget development and fiscal review.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
RESPONSIBILITY: Directly responsible to the Superintendent of Schools her designee.
FUNCTION: Provide leadership and direction for the delivery and maintenance of a comprehensive program of special services, which includes child study team and related services, in-class support services, and medical, and health services.
DIRECTOR OF CHILD STUDY TEAM
1. Master's Degree in special education or educational administration/leadership; demonstrated familiarity with special education law and regulations; Certificate of Eligibility (CE) for supervisor or school principal.
2. Minimum experience as determined by the board in the areas of (a) special education services and (b) supervision of staff
3. Broad knowledge of state and federal special education laws, regulations, procedures and reporting requirements
4. Demonstrated ability to effectively administer special education programs and to work with parents, community groups and agencies
5. Strong leadership and communication skills
6. Required criminal history check and proof of U.S. citizenship or resident alien status
7. Current residency in New Jersey, approved residency waiver or candidate agrees to obtain residency within one year of employment
REPORTS TO: Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent (for all curricular related issues)
To provide leadership and direction to enable special education pupils to benefit from their educational opportunities to the fullest by eliminating or ameliorating problems that interfere with student learing. The Director of Child Study Team shall work toward the educational outcome goals adopted by the Board of Education; coordinate and supervise all activities of the district's Child Study Team; provide educational direction and supervision to the special education department; and work harmoniously with students, citizens, administrators, and staff of the school district.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 Months
SALARY: To be determined by the Board of Education.
ANNUAL EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with NJ State law and the provisions of the board's policy on evaluations.
Click to apply and learn more !
Location/Region: Franklinville, NJ