Position Responsibilities\Requirements: FIS is looking to hire Part-Time Collections Associates Previous Collections, Banking, or Check Cashing experience is preferred Work Monday through Friday with Sunday off and rotating Saturdays
Work 8-hour shift Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 7:00 pmSaturday hours are 8:00 am to 12:00 (noon) Job Summary:
Establishes effective payment plans with past due and over-limit credit/debit card accounts or to collect dishonored checks through telephone contact and letters. Responsible for routine account maintenance, including but not limited to skip tracing efforts to locate customers. General duties and responsibilities:
- Place inbound and outbound calls through an auto dialer system to negotiate and collect dishonored checks and past due or over-limit credit/debit card accounts.
- Works with customer to negotiate a repayment arrangement in a minimal number of contacts.
- Updates customer's contact and account information during each contact.
- Responsible for account research, including skip tracing, through the use of online credit bureaus and other systems.
- Works with other internal FIS departments, including but not limited to customer service and accounting, as needed.
- Contacts outside companies (e.g., agent banks, attorneys, credit counseling agents) as needed.
- Maintains control of the conversation with customer at all times. Follows basic call flow and handling procedures while adapting to each conversation using the phone skills and techniques learned during training.
- Adhere to all departmental procedures and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) regulations.
- When unable to resolve the problem in a reasonable amount of time, will escalate to the appropriate resource. Follows up on escalated issues with coaching and mentoring to learn the appropriate solution and expand overall knowledge.
- May provide guidance and/or mentoring to less experienced Collections Representatives.
- High school diploma or GED. Associate's or Bachelor's degree is preferable
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Requires ability to navigate a computerized data entry system or other relevant applications
- Working knowledge of collection laws, bankruptcy requirements and guidelines
- Able to work with data entry systems, credit bureau reports and collection techniques
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages
- Ability to make decisions within specified parameters
- Ability to work effectively with multiple tasks and situations
- Ability to work in a Predictive Dialer environment
- Ability to work productively in a high transaction volume environment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- May require the ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule
- May require multi-lingual skills for specific position, e.g., English, Spanish
Entry level role. Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Places calls which are basic and routine. Works under close supervision without latitude for independent judgment. Consults with senior peers and team leads on non-complex issues to learn through experience. Typically requires six months or more of experience in a call center in a collections- or customer service-related position in a service industry. One or more years financial services experience is preferable.
FISâ¢ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FISâ€™ more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clientsâ€™ business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poorâ€™s 500Â® Index.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Northport, AL