Primarily focused in the disciplines of selection, implementation, operation, ongoing support and administration of "commercial-off-the-shelf" (COTS) and internal systems and system software that make up the underlying operating environment necessary to support critical operational service delivery processes across one or more production data centers.
General Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides technical support activities for a production processing environment.
• Installs, maintains and supports applications and major IT system components, subsystems.
• Customizes specific IT operations management software or creation of custom FIS-proprietary solutions specific to the operational management and control of IT infrastructure, application delivery components and network telecommunications fault, configuration, administration, performance and security functions.
• Analyzes and resolves problems related to failures in application and ancillary software components.
• Provides technical assistance to Operations, Systems Support, and Application Support staff.
• Creates and maintains complete documentation as it relates to installation and status of supported software and FIS-proprietary solutions.
• Works closely with clients and business partners to understand business and technology requirements that drive analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with FIS architectural standards.
• Analyzes business and technical requirements; translate those requirements into product designs.
• Develops programming logic for new technology solutions.
• Code, test, debug, document, implement, integrate and maintain supporting application components for IT operations management software.
• Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
• Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
• Plans, analyzes and forecasts activities to plan projects and tasks.
• May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
• Communicates system architecture to technical and business audiences.
• Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
• Educates internal users on software capabilities and use.
• May specialize in management and support of IT event correlation and analysis software; participate in selection and deployment of technology solutions, infrastructure components, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations in support of business needs; provide technical and leadership support of disaster recovery/business continuity plans.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Demonstrated knowledge of FIS products and services
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial services industry
• Demonstrated knowledge of mainframe and/or open systems operating systems
• May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management and related infrastructure technologies and practices
• Proficiency in business modeling and business requirements definition disciplines
• Understanding of software/hardware installation methodologies
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure projects are successfully completed
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Flexibility, versatility, dependability
• Positive outlook, strong work ethic
• Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
Expert / Advisory professional role. Expert-level depth and/or breadth of IT operations skills/concepts, mastery level experience and proficiency having broad expertise or unique knowledge. Uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters. Is a recognized expert within the enterprise for all of the Operations disciplines on which the incumbent focuses. Works independently and without supervision on the most complex projects that involve a high degree of risk, impacts business unit performance and makes use of the individuals' high level of knowledge within one or more areas of specialty; significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or technical leader/consultant. Complete latitude for independent judgment. Interprets internal or external business and technology issues and recommends best practices. Must have experience effectively leading operational and acquisition due diligence for multiple projects and programs involving diverse lines of business; operational technology direction, including the leadership responsibility for technical leads and/or other software engineers, for multiple very large projects. Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the enterprise. Anticipates internal and/or external business and technology challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements. Takes a leadership role in architectural strategies. Effectively communicates with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel. Ability to provide communication on issues or complex information to a wide audience based on knowledge. Participates as a senior member in strategic planning and direction. Develops, documents and implements standards, guidelines, direction and education on process/procedures for staff. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups. Expected to be primary mentor for others on staff and is a role model for rest of team. Typically requires more than sixteen years of experience in IT operations, software engineering or systems specialist/ architecture experience.
FISâ¢ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FISâ€™ more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clientsâ€™ business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poorâ€™s 500Â® Index.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Columbia, MD