Position Responsibilities\Requirements: Utility Analyst Operations Intern
The Clearing Group is responsible for ensuring all trades on the futures and OTC markets are accepted and allocated correctly and in a timely fashion. This requires the understanding of futures and OTC products, exchange regulations, and comprehension of trade breaks/resolutions. Tasks may include:
- Working with various exchanges and clearing brokers on trade clearance and allocations
- Communicating with other operation teams to resolve and settle margins and cash breaks
- Calculating pnl and unrealized pnl to resolve trade and position breaks
- Perform end of day checks to ensure trade and position reporting is accurate
- Forge excellent working relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Form partnerships with sales, trading, CSR's, and operations to ensure a smooth clearing process from front to back.
- Understand OTC cleared products
- Become familiar with regulatory requirements around client margining and trade allocations.
- Understand the average price and allocation process as well as both variation margin and initial margin requirements
- Monitoring of first notice, last trading dates, exercise and assignments, deliveries, open interest, and various other lifecycle events to ensure both client and exchange are congruent and operating in a fashion that is compliant with the regulatory landscape.
- Coordinating and communicating technical issues with client services, transaction management, IT, and business change to ensure trade flows are as robust as possible and in accordance with exchange regulations.
Pursuing a bachelor's degree graduating in May through December 2019
Financial background a plus
Knowledge of financial products, especially futures and OTC
Ability to multitask
Capable of working in a high stress environment
Microsoft office literate
Familiarity with GMI
Excellent communication skills/personality for client interaction TM/Trade Support
The derivatives clearing transaction management team serves as a liaison between our exchange environment and our client services teams globally. This team primarily supports a post trade clearance allocation model for internal clearing on listed derivative exchanges (via membership or agent relationship) for the CS group of companies. The group is heavily involved in automation, automation maintenace, standardization of client and exchange workflows, and serves as subject matter experts for client solutions and remediation projects. TM interacts with client services, CS execution services, global trading desks, legal and compliance, business change, directly with external clients, reference data, and information technology to provide a sustainable client allocation platform that is not only dynamic and robust, but allows for easy on-boarding for new and existing clients.
The candidate needs to be able to work effectively in an environment that is demanding, requiring elite level organization, and multi-tasking within time sensitive parameters.
- Provide positive affirmation of trade allocations and concisely communicate trade discrepancies to the client service team or clients.
- Liaise with multiple teams and external brokers to resolve trade breaks in a timely manner.
Perform all tasks within the guidelines of Credit Suisse controls as well as regulatory
FISâ¢ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FISâ€™ more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clientsâ€™ business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poorâ€™s 500Â® Index.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Durham, NC