The IT Assistant/Web Engineer for Florida Atlantic University's school of Accounting Executive Programs (SOAEP) will be responsible for assisting in the management and coordination of video encoding stations, audiovisual equipment, and software needed to successfully record, and web video conference (live streaming) our Saturday morning lecture recordings. This person will also be responsible for moderating web conference rooms and maintaining audio quality and assisting students/professors with technical issues.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assemble, prepare and set up equipment prior to filming, which may include tripods, monitors, lighting, cables and leads and headphones.
- Remain up-to-date with filming methods and equipment.
- Demonstrate good awareness of health and safety issues.
- Assess locations for technical purposes.
- Establish lighting requirements.
- Plot lighting based on video capture requirements.
- Co-coordinate the setup of AV equipment and the technical crew required for its operation.
- Ensure all cables and wires are safely concealed.
- Operate and maintain equipment during the shoot.
- Change lighting between shots, as necessary.
- De-rig all equipment at the end of each lecture presentation webcast/production.
- Ensure all equipment is stored/transported back safely from lecture halls.
- Upload raw video footage to network storage.
- Monitor web conference chatroom for student's questions or technical issues.
Sound theoretical, practical and technical knowledge of cameras and video mixers.
Ability to frame and compose shots.
Ability to perform camera moves accurately.
Ability to quickly adjust audio levels on the fly.
Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Capacity to multi-task and take direction from others.
Team building skills and the ability to lead and motivate others.
Ability to work under pressure and meet established deadlines.
Strong attention to detail.
Prior experience in managing a video production studio, raw video editing using Final Cut pro, or website design are desirable, but not required.
Two years of experience in a higher education environment with a focus on distance learning programs preferred.
For more information and to apply, visit www.fau.edu/jobs and go to Apply Now REQ03026.
Florida Atlantic University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/equal access institution and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status or other protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711.
FAU is committed to the principles of engaged teaching, research and service. All persons aspiring to achieve excellence in the practice of these principles are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/62tpsnd39kgjvhbm
Location/Region: Fort Lauderdale