Manage daily activities of Securities Operations team. Assist senior management with client servicing and maintaining and improving operational procedures.
General Duties & Responsibilities
• Manages the Securities processing environment to protect the production systems critical to the success of the business.
• Delivers an operations environment that meets all service level agreements and availability targets.
• Develops and recommends tactical and strategic plans for processing operations.
• Selects, trains, develops and leads an efficient and effective processing team.
• Identifies and recommends cost-saving and continuous improvement initiatives within the processing area.
• Ensures all backup and recovery and disaster recovery processes will meet or exceed business requirements.
• Develops and implements team standards and procedures that support departmental standards and procedures.
• Develops and executes project plans, budgets, and schedules for documentation of work and results.
• Develops, manages, and forecasts the budgets for the relevant cost centers.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, economics or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Coursework in investments/financial markets a plus.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
• Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
• Broad understanding of the financial and strategic aspects of the business and participates in and/or establishes initiatives that contribute to the overall success of the enterprise
• Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
• Viewed as an expert resource by peers and coworkers, maintains a good working relationship with both internal and external customers
• Demonstrates the ability to lead by example and motivate professional level staff
• Displays strong leadership qualities, decision making abilities, and strong business judgment
• Possesses strong personnel management skills
• Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, team building, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Atlanta, GA