Provides desk-side assistance in resolving technology support issues.
• Performs installations,repairs, upgrades, backups and other maintenance tasks.
• Provides effective customer service in a 24X7X365 production environment (rotating on-call and holiday support may be required.
• Utilizes soft skills and troubleshooting skills to resolve client issues and questions.
• Asks probing questions to gather relevant information on routine and complex calls.
• Uses effective listening skills to develop understanding of client questions or issues.
• Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, servers and network issues in a heterogeneous environment.
• Documents, tracks and monitors client incidents in ticketing system to ensure a timely resolution.
• Prioritizes and escalates support incidents and requests based on business impact and documented guidelines.
• Maintains passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment.
• Communicates highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
• Recommends solutions including new acquisitions and upgrades.
• May participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects.
• May have expertise in commonly used business applications.
• May handle phone and email assistance as well.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Phoenix, AZ