Are you passionate about pitching in to improve our planet? Are you a self-starter who takes initiative to make a positive change? PeopleReady is looking to add Recycling Line Sorter in a fast-growing industry. Recycling can be accomplished in expected ways, such as using recycled paper as packaging material, or in unexpected ways, like using glass to make artificial turf. Recycling Line Sorter helps conserve limited resources, and it has other environmental benefits as well. As a Recycling Line Sorter, you will work along conveyor belts, and as waste materials come down, you would pull out any items that cannot be recycled. You will sometimes work as a quality control inspector and remove unwanted materials from a single stream. Does this position sound like a solid fit? Then we would love to have you apply by clicking the link above.
Note – Pay Rate for this Job is $13.75/Hour
- Duties include sorting recyclables from the conveyer belt.
- Must be able to stand on feet all day.
- Long-term to hire with Daily or Weekly pay.
- Sorting and cleaning materials into appropriate containers for recycling
- Cleaning recycling yard equipment and maintaining recycling collection equipment
- Removing chemicals from discarded appliances
- Depositing recoverable materials into chutes or placing materials on conveyor belts
- Operating balers to compress recyclable materials into bundles or bales
- Operating machines to load items onto trucks for shipping to other recycled materials processing facilities
- Sorting recyclables from the conveyer belt.
- Prior experience in recycling yard preferred
- Able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds, and reach, bend, push, pull, and climb
- Flexibility to work in all weather conditions
- Able to remain in a stationary position for up to 10 hours.
Location/Region: Rockford, MN