$5,000 Signing Bonus!
The Quad City Animal Welfare Center (QCAWC) is seeking a veterinarian to join our team at our high quality spay/neuter wellness clinic and animal shelter. The QCAWC helps pet owners, rescue organizations, and other shelters by providing high quality spay/neuter surgeries for dogs and cats. Responsibilities include completing surgeries, conducting pre and post-op exams, wellness and shelter medicine. We have an excellent and dedicated teams who are passionate about helping animals, skilled at their jobs, and a lot of fun to work with.
- Diagnose and prescribe treatment for animals.
- Perform spay and neuter surgeries on animals.
- Performs other surgeries and procedures as approved by the Executive Director.
- Conduct observation of bite animals undergoing rabies quarantine to ensure compliance with local rabies regulations.
- Prevent and control disease in the shelter animal population.
- Clinical training of veterinary assistant administering vaccinations and treatments to shelter and client animals.
- Perform euthanasia of shelter animals as approved by the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Serve as a resource to assist shelter staff and the public with animal health related issues.
- Ensures the quality of animal care and the cleanliness of the shelter facility are maintained at a high standard.
- Ensures that all shelter and client animals receive humane medical treatment and care.
- Guidance to all departments in animal handling and care and safety issues.
- Maintain a positive image for the organization through community involvement to enhance our role and presence in our community.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral format.
Location/Region: Milan, IL (61264)