The Account Manager is responsible for the customer care and oversight of accounts assigned, while facilitating new sales within those existing accounts. The Account Manager will also identify and sell new business to grow their overall portfolio within their respective market, by prospecting and closing business that meets PeopleReady’s customer profile. The Account Manager will be assigned a specific territory within their respective region/market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversight and management of accounts that are existing and assigned within their regional territories.
- Works closely with sales leaders in developing account management and sales strategies to sustain and grow the value of each customer relationship.
- Regularly monitor technology tools to ensure retention and sales are maximized, and service levels are maintained according to established KPIs.
- Accountable for expanding revenues for assigned portfolio, growth of existing account business by targeting account retention and sales penetration.
- Aggressively pursue net new targeted accounts that meet the ideal customer profile of said market; research and profile prospective new accounts; use phone, email, chat and other technologies to sell via both inbound and outbound motions.
- Effectively negotiate contract terms in collaboration with PeopleReady contracts and legal teams.
- Consult and engage with customers to understand their business needs, and plan service delivery that meets or exceeds their expectations.
- Work collaboratively with internal pricing team to ensure both pay and billing rates are appropriate and competitive; apply pricing strategies to new and assigned accounts; track service delivery and provide feedback related to attracting and retaining the right Associate for each individual job.
- Meet gross margin expectations through prescribed guidelines.
- Initiate the implementation strategy for new accounts, ensuring we drive the right field level sales activities to ramp-up account penetration within the first year.
- Strong communication skills and a partnering mentality with our field teams are a must.
- Perform quarterly business reviews with customers.
- Leverage technology tools (CRM) to build and document an account management and growth strategy for each account.
- Supports company values of integrity and respect through actions and commitment.
CORE KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to persuade a wide range of customer stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Strong analytical skills; comfortable analyzing order, Associate, and customer data to drive results.
- Customer identification, prospecting, and marketing the company’s value proposition within an assigned territory.
- Pricing, negotiating terms, and closing new business sales.
- 1 to 5 years B2B sales and/or account management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong record of sales and account retention preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Internal ID: 105696
Location/Region: Chicago, IL