Working closely with the Vice President for Marketing & Communications, Director of Marketing & Communications, and Assistant Director of Marketing & Communications, develop and carry out a social media strategy designed to engage Colby-Sawyer prospective students and parents, along with current students, faculty, staff, friends and alumni. Ensure that all social media strategies from the Office of Marketing & Communications are goal-driven, accurately branded, integrated and supportive of the college's initiatives. Contribute to college-wide marketing efforts through content creation that can be used across platforms.
In addition, this individual will be working with other social media users in the community and monitoring all of the school’s social media accounts to be sure that they are on brand, along with being in charge of collecting, editing and posting content from current students and student workers.
Essential Job Functions
- Create and execute a results-driven social media strategy
- Develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video and photo content
- Attend events and produce live social media content
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels
- Collaborate with marketing team to create a social media calendar
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends
- Work to identify stories of interest that promote Colby Sawyer’s mission to strengthen and build awareness of the college
- In conjunction with team members, develop reporting and measurement of social media coverage that demonstrates the department’s proactive media results and recommends changes based on trends and statistics
- Working with external vendors (Capture, Carnegie) with content AND/OR ensure consistency in brand/appearance/tone across all social media postings originating both internally AND externally.
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics
- Assist in the development and management of social media marketing and influencer marketing strategy
Social Media Coordinator Qualifications / Skills
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats and HTML
- Excellent social listening skills
- Ability to understand historical, current and future trends in the digital content and social media space
- Strong copywriting and copy-editing skills
- Top-notch oral and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
- 1-3 years’ experience with B2C social media marketing or content development
- Direct experience using social media management tools (Hootsuite, Sprinklr)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premier Pro) or equivalent digital media editing tools a plus
E-mail your cover letter and résumé to
If you prefer to fill out an application please send us an email request or stop by the Human Resources office in Colgate Hall room 230. Candidates who can actively contribute to racial, ethnic, or cultural diversity on campus are encourage to include this information in the cover letter.
About this company
Colby-Sawyer is a dynamic and innovative liberal arts and sciences college located in the scenic Lake Sunapee Region of central New Hampshire. CSC blends the elements of a student's college life--academic, co-curricular, social and athletic--into a cohesive educational experience.
Location/Region: New London